Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Week 1 Blog

Hello Everyone!

My name is Nicole and I am a communications major, minoring in justice studies. I work full time and take 12 unit semesters, so while things are busy, I should graduate next Spring. I take as many online classes as I can, and am usually on campus twice a week. That's a little about me, good luck to everyone this Summer!

One concept that interested me in this weeks readings was the section on proxemics. Proxemics refers to the use of personal space when communicating with others. Everyone is aware of their personal space and its interesting to see how that differs from culture to culture and person to person. I thought the most interesting part of the proxemics was that there are four physical distance zones.

1 comment:

Professor Cyborg said...

Nicciri, balancing full time school and work is a challenge, but often I find I'm the most productive when I'm busiest--I don't have time to goof off. And online classes certainly make working and going to school easier.